Welcome to Peace Church, New Salem, North Dakota.
33 miles west of downtown Bismarck, North Dakota and easily accessible from Interstate 94
On April 3, 1883, members of the German Evangelical Society of North America immigrated from Chicago and started the town of New Salem, North Dakota.
In 1957 the Peace Church became a United Church of Christ Church, when the Evangelical and Reformed Church merged with the Congregational Christian Church. In March of 1994 the Peace Church voted to remove itself from the United Church of Christ denomination and become an independent church.